This kit is designed to show children a few of the interesting things to be found washed up on the shoreline. Study the poster and then compare the ‘flotsam’ we have collected with the pictures. We may not have an example of each picture, but we may also have a few extras included. Please remember that observation of material is better than collection; make drawings, take photographs or lists of what you have found.
- Specimens with full information sheets – animals, plants, shells, coral, bones, feathers
- Posters – Beachcombing, Seashores, Common Sea Birds
- Books – Australia’s Seashores, Birds of Victoria, Guide to Seashores, Oceans and Rivers
- Folders containing activity sheets
Links to South Australian units in the Australian National Curriculum:
Year 1 Unit – Who needs that?
– What do I need?, Staying alive, The basic needs of animals, Domestic versus wild animals, Getting creative
For more information as to how our kits align with the National Curriculum units please see this table.
Price is per week of loan.